25.7.09

2656 - Cambridge, England, UK

2656 Bohemia, NY - Back in 27th century. Got out of interrogation...excuse me, debriefing. Enforcers had a problem with me mentioning...11:46 AM Jun 22nd from web

...Picture of Dorian Gray before it was written. Pointed out I mentioned it to Bram Stoker and not Oscar Wilde. Also pointed out Stoker...11:48 AM Jun 22nd from web

...stole Wilde's girlfriend and married her. Besides I don't think Stoker even remembered what I said. Enforcers are so paranoid!11:50 AM Jun 22nd from web

*************************************************
MichaelHTillman@Wendell_Howe Dorian Gray is one of my all time favorites. :)12:04 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@MichaelHTillman Well, he didn't get the idea from me. Honest!12:06 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to MichaelHTillman
*************************************************
rebekahthornton@Wendell_Howe was Dickens as popular in 1800's? I'd also love 2 meet Edward VII before he became king.10:00 AM Jun 22nd from Viigo in reply to Wendell_Howe

@rebekahthornton Dickens was a superstar in the 1800's. This is before movies & recordings. Actors and musicians had a limited audience...11:55 AM Jun 22nd from web in reply to rebekahthornton

@rebekahthornton ...Since books were mass published, writers had huge audiences around the world! Made fortunes doing public readings.11:58 AM Jun 22nd from web in reply to rebekahthornton
*************************************************

2656 Bohemia, NY - Currently sitting in the Time Stream Pub with a cup of tea. Need to plan out itinerary, catch up on Tweets, see who's in.11:52 AM Jun 22nd from web

2656 Bohemia - Blast! Matilda isn't in. Out in the field in 12th century. Probably won't see her for another 6 months. Henry is out, too.12:00 PM Jun 22nd from web

2656 Bohemia - I gathered up quite a bit of information this trip for several universities. I like to deliver it in person as a courtesy...12:02 PM Jun 22nd from web

2656 Bohemia - ...After all their grants are paying my way. (Too be honest I think biggest expense is the Institute's paperwork & red tape!)12:04 PM Jun 22nd from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe So much for a "paperless society" that we were promised way back when, eh?12:07 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom True, mostly it's computer files. But bureaucrats love to have something they can shake at you. Or maybe they just like shredding12:11 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to CHCatMom

CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Or roll up and swat you like a naughty puppy? Figuratively speaking, of course...12:13 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 Bohemia - First I'm going to call my father and wish him a belated Father's Day. Hmm, I missed it twice this year, both in 1887 & 2656.12:08 PM Jun 22nd from web

*************************************************
ViktoryaHale@Wendell_Howe lol that is hilarious12:10 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 NY- Father was very understanding. However did point out that if I had real life his GRANDKID could have wished him Happy Father's Day.1:19 PM Jun 22nd from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Vonnegut's Heaven discovery. You choose your age to be forever. Looked forward to spending eternity discussing life w/dad.1:27 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Was diappointed to learn that his dad had chosen to be a five year old for eternity. Time - a blessing for some...1:28 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom Don't be too harsh on old Dad. He's good man. I come from long line of history professors. Chose alternate lifestyle--Victorian.5:10 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to CHCatMom
*************************************************

2656 NY - Currently at Rudolph Giuliani Airport waiting for transport to South Dakota. Ah, they are boarding now. Catch you all later.1:21 PM Jun 22nd from web

2656 - Just left Vermillion & University of South Dakota. Gave them footage of Black Elk. No time for lecture, so they filmed an interview.5:03 PM Jun 22nd from web

2656 - Now on way to Boulder, CO. Maybe I'll read some Irish Mythology @oghme http://cucuc.oghme.com/ My word, Cuchulainn was a brat!5:06 PM Jun 22nd from web

*************************************************
oghme@Wendell_Howe Oh my. Now I'm feeling very shy. Thanks a lot for this. And yes, according to the texts, he WAS such a brat. (Tain bo Cualnge)5:09 PM Jun 22nd from TweetDeck in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
kagillogly@Wendell_Howe btw have you had a chance to observe visit of Thailand's Rama V's visit to Queen Victoria in Aug 1897? cf Peleggi's book.3:37 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@kagillogly No, I haven't. Sounds interesting. Since I can't get into the palace, I would have to cover public events. I'll keep it in mind5:13 PM Jun 22nd from web in reply to kagillogly
*************************************************
jcimpellizzeriThe Strange Case of Dr. Wedell A. Howe, Licensed Time Traveler...: http://bit.ly/1dSiS -- @Wendell_Howe - @scablander9:15 PM Jun 22nd from web
*************************************************
QBean@Wendell_Howe Are you The Doctor?11:29 PM Jun 22nd from web

@QBean No, I'm not THE Doctor. This should answer your question http://bit.ly/SvXiz 7:00 AM Jun 23rd from web in reply to QBean

QBean@Wendell_Howe I 'spose it did. But I think it's a good question. And even if he and Indiana Jones distort the true, it still lets us know.11:02 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @QBean I suppose Indiana Jones was invented because the truth is real archaeology can be tedious, time consuming work.10:23 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - @QBean I suppose Doctor Who was invented to make time travel look far more glamorous and exciting than it actually is.10:25 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - @QBean Just a tick, wasn't Dr. Who 1st done before time travel? How did BBC know Temporal Anthropologists would be boring?10:27 AM Jun 24th from web

QBean@Wendell_Howe Or maybe he was created so that people could get used to the idea of time travel and then he was glamored up12:12 PM Jun 24th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @QBean Except that would imply that some one came from future & planted idea. That would break rules of Time Manipulation!2:02 PM Jun 24th from web

2656 - @QBean No one would ever...wait, those early days with Dr. Serendipity Brown before Institute are very hazy. You don't suppose? Nah!2:04 PM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - @QBean Although I have heard Dr. Serendipity Brown was a huge Doctor Who fan, I wonder...Nah!2:05 PM Jun 24th from web
*************************************************

2656 Boulder, CO - Very busy day today. Have to be to University of Colorado in an hour. Then to Ohio, back to Bohemia & home to Cambridge.7:14 AM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - University of Colorado loved the footage of Buffalo Bill and the Wild West show. Colorado claims him because he's buried in Golden.1:43 PM Jun 23rd from web

*************************************************
CrazyChlojo@Wendell_Howe Oh, where in Ohio? I live there...or lived there, as I am in the past for you :)7:20 AM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 - @CrazyChlojo I'm currently on my way to Columbus, Ohio and Ohio State University with footage of Annie Oakley. She was born in Ohio.1:45 PM Jun 23rd from web

*************************************************
Margit11@Wendell_Howe Have good flight(s)! How does airline food compare to Victorian food?9:44 AM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @Margit11 Victorian food is so much better than airline food! Besides 27th century flights are so short in time they seldom feed us.1:50 PM Jun 23rd from web
*************************************************
Realtimedracula@Wendell_Howe So you time travelers don't just return a minute after you've left? How inconvenient.10:39 AM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @Realtimedracula Keeping Base Time is VERY important. If you're gone 2 weeks & come back 1 minute later, you still age 2 weeks...1:54 PM Jun 23rd from web

@Realtimedracula ...Keep this up and soon you will die of old age before your time. Also better for your sanity if Base Time is consistent.1:55 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Realtimedracula

Realtimedracula@Wendell_Howe This is making my brain hurt in a way only post-Einsteinian physics can.2:02 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
ThroughTheVoid@Wendell_Howe When are you going back home? Do you have family...then?1:56 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @ThroughTheVoid I have family back in the 27th century. Parents, cousins, etc. Get together for holidays when I'm not in the Field.1:59 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - @ThroughTheVoid Not married, no kids. Wouldn't be fair to either since so seldom home. Few in profession get married before retire.2:01 PM Jun 23rd from web

ThroughTheVoid@Wendell_Howe How do you get home?2:06 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @ThroughTheVoid How do I get home? Are you talking about from past? I describe time machine on blogsite under "Tools of the Trade".2:11 PM Jun 23rd from web

ThroughTheVoid@Wendell_Howe Aha. Why thank you :) I'll have a look.2:17 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
rebekahthorntonWanky arse technology. @Wendell_Howe - can I borrow your Synthetic DNA computer mejiggy please?10:37 AM Jun 23rd from digsby

2656 - @rebekahthornton You talking about my pocket computer disguised as a Bible? That's my design...well, my idea. Maybe I should market?2:04 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - @rebekahthornton As for pocket computers with synthetic DNA, you can pick those up anywhere cheap. Avoid ones from Minute Marts, tho2:08 PM Jun 23rd from web
*************************************************
HistoryLuV3r@Wendell_Howe Are you really a time traveler, or are you insane? :-P4:03 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656- @HistoryLuV3r Yes, I am Licensed Time Traveler. Many in 27th century (like my family) think I must be insane to want to go into past.4:16 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 @HistoryLuV3r More about Temporal Anthropology at http://wendellhowe.blogspot.com 4:49 PM Jun 23rd from web
*************************************************

2656 - Just finished at Ohio State. Called ahead to Institute. They said all those souvenirs I collected are ready. Why they need to check?4:06 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - Did they think the needed fumigated for germs? Did they think I had them stuffed with illegal drugs like opium, cocaine, or tobacco?4:08 PM Jun 23rd from web

*************************************************
ginsoakedboy@Wendell_Howe Dear me! A future without tobacco? I shudder at the thought of going through a day without the hug of halfzware or snus!5:53 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@ginsoakedboy I didn't say there wasn't tobacco. I just said it was an illegal drug. Not that I do illegal drugs, mind you.8:21 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to ginsoakedboy
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Just got home. Souvenirs will be delivered to my office tomorrow...well, hall outside my office, since office is a closet.8:24 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 Cambridge - What a day! I still have to hit Dublin & Tel Aviv in next couple of days. That can wait. Sitting back with a cup of tea.8:27 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 Cambridge - How is it that tea makes everything all right?8:28 PM Jun 23rd from web

*************************************************
LJFWolffeHow is it that tea makes everything all right? -- @Wendell_Howe, 2656 Cambridge8:31 PM Jun 23rd from digsby

@LJFWolffe How can you even ask that! Oh wait, you're from Pacific NW. Coffee, right? 8:39 PM Jun 23rd from web

LJFWolffe@Wendell_Howe Actually, I was quoting you, for all of my tea-loving friends. (I may be in PNW, but I *hate* coffee! Tea & cola for me!) 8-)8:40 PM Jun 23rd from digsby in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @LJFWolffe Portland, OR? Isn't that next to Beaverton? Wasn't that where Dr. Serendipity Brown, the Mother of Time Travel was from?8:40 PM Jun 23rd from web

@LJFWolffe Good Show! Glad to see one American who doesn't drink that dreadful stuff! Sorry for the mistranslation.8:42 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to LJFWolffe

LJFWolffe@Wendell_Howe Yep, we're just east of there, straddling the Willamette. You know more than I about Dr. Brown, but it just might be so!8:44 PM Jun 23rd from digsby in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @LJFWolffe I found an account of Dr. Brown's first trip and posted it on my blog at http://wendellhowe.blogspot.com/ 8:51 PM Jun 23rd from web

LJFWolffe@Wendell_Howe Thanks for the link! That is indeed the Beavertron I live near. 8-) Interesting stuff!9:04 PM Jun 23rd from digsby in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @LJFWolffe You are most welcome. I come from a long line of history professors, so I can't help teaching a little history.9:13 PM Jun 23rd from web
*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Sounds like another successful trip under the belt. Any favorite teas? I'm a coffee person, like diff. ones from day to day.8:41 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom Like all kinds, but a @ssnape Tweeting from a place called Hogwarts has introduced me to an excellent tea called Yorkshire Gold.8:47 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to CHCatMom

ssnape@Wendell_Howe You've taken a certain fancy to Yorkshire Gold tea, hm?9:13 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @ssnape Yes, and I will always be eternally grateful for your sage advice.9:35 PM Jun 23rd from web

ssnape@Wendell_Howe A gem worth sharing, indeed. I'm pleased to know the advice was heeded, and embraced positively.9:40 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
MissSpite@Wendell_Howe Where did you study Temporal Archeology? I need to consider that line of study.9:16 PM Jun 23rd from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @MissSpite I from an ad on that at http://bit.ly/vRecL 9:37 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - @MissSpite I got my mandatory Doctoral Degrees in History & Anthropology here at Cambridge. The Time Travel License from Institute.9:39 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - @MissSpite Getting certified for the Time Travel License from the Institute of Time Travel was harder that the two Ph.D.s combined!9:41 PM Jun 23rd from web

MissSpite@Wendell_Howe If only they had that in my dimension.3:15 AM Jun 24th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
Jedibmoney@Wendell_Howe. How is space travel in your time compared to mine? Have we found a way of traveling close to the speed of light?9:46 PM Jun 23rd from web

2656 - @Jedibmoney Not sure how Space Travel is. To be honest, I've never been off world. I think I would go stir crazy on a luxury cruise.10:18 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - @Jedibmoney To be honest, I'm not sure how fast they go, I just know it can take weeks to get to another planet.10:20 AM Jun 24th from web
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge- In my office catching up on work, going over mail, waiting for Golden Jubilee souvenirs I picked up in 1887 to be delivered.10:11 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - They are being delivered from the Institute at Bohemia, NY...not from 1887, of course. Fed Ex does not have a Time Machine.10:13 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - I will have to go through them and decide who gets what. Dividing it up among Universities of Cambridge and London.10:15 AM Jun 24th from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Sounds like time travel can sometimes make a To Do list volumes longer!10:31 AM Jun 24th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

1887 - @CHCatMom Yes, my To Do List is really long this time. I try to combine assignments when possible, & this time I did several.10:49 AM Jun 24th from web
*************************************************
smv1827 Welcome @Wendell_Howe! I believe you're my first time-traveling follower. Perhaps you'll enjoy learning about my 21C history classes.7:24 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - @smv1827 So you teach 21st century history classes? So did my great grandfather Howe! Very nice to meet a fellow academic.10:31 AM Jun 24th from web

2656 - @smv1827 Family was disappointed I didn't become a history teacher. I'm 1st Temporal Anthropologist in family. Black sheep of family10:33 AM Jun 24th from web

theladyisugly@Wendell_Howe But your work is so important! There's nothing disappointing about it!10:35 AM Jun 24th from Tweetie in reply to Wendell_Howe

@theladyisugly If any of my family is on Twitter, please note! 10:51 AM Jun 24th from web
*************************************************
OliviaWilder I have #Lovetrain passes for: @Art_Advisor @seekzpeace @ponet @CiaoBella50 @DAREvolutionary @galkinelli @SkinCareDoc @Wendell_Howe #Love10:26 AM Jun 24th from TweetDeck

[I say, however did I miss this tweet? And I missed the Lovetrain. Story of my life.]
*************************************************
kencoachmRT @Wendell_Howe: 1887 London - @kencoachm Yes, dreamed all my life of traveling in the past. Thought would be glamorous. Being stuck o ...10:28 AM Jun 24th from TweetDeck

2656 - @kencoachm You're reminding me of getting stuck on that roof. Noticed you're Career Advisor. Did Dad send you to talk sense into me?10:46 AM Jun 24th from web
*************************************************
MichaelHTillman@Wendell_Howe Watching 'Der Golem', 1920, Paul Wegener. I realize it's a little past your time, but have you seen it? :)11:17 AM Jun 24th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge- @MichaelHTillman No I haven't! I'll have to. Found it on youtube http://bit.ly/24kiX5 1:57 PM Jun 24th from web

MichaelHTillman@Wendell_Howe I'm doing a full review on it - I'll let you know when it's up! I love classic horror so much!2:42 PM Jun 24th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

cleireac@Wendell_Howe I love German silent cinema! Der Golem, Metropolis, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu, etc.2:56 PM Jun 24th from TwitBin in reply to Wendell_Howe

@cleireac Don't tell anyone I watch them. Technically they are 20th century. I like the Victorian Gothic elements.8:57 AM Jun 25th from web in reply to cleireac

cleireac@Wendell_Howe Holdovers from Victorian Gothic? Interesting perspective. Hmm...9:01 AM Jun 25th from TwitBin in reply to Wendell_Howe

@cleireac By the way thank you for putting me on your Random News Table http://cleireac.livejournal... Why is blog not on your profile?9:23 AM Jun 25th from web in reply to cleireac

cleireac@Wendell_Howe You know, I really should...2:36 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

MichaelHTillman@Wendell_Howe Got the 'Golem' review up - http://henryspock.blip.tv/file/2296398/ I hope you enjoy. :)4:05 PM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@MichaelHTillman You may have to download first 5:19 PM Jun 28th from web

cleireac@Wendell_Howe Thanks for this!4:33 PM Jun 28th from TwitBin in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Front Desk had my boxes delivered to Conference Room instead of my tiny office. Thanks Mabel! Glad one of us was thinking.2:11 PM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - Went through & repackaged. Will take half to London tomorrow. This afternoon take rest to Cambridge Victorian Studies Group2:13 PM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - Pulled out a couple things I bought for myself...a Jubilee souvenir teapot for me, and a teacup and corset for Grams.2:16 PM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - Cambridge Victorian Studies Group loved Golden Jubilee Momentos for their museum. Especially loved the corset. (I got 3)5:39 PM Jun 24th from web

2656- They were also thrilled with footage brought back of 1887 Cambridge as well as Henry Irving & Bram Stoker interviews. Little surprise.5:40 PM Jun 24th from web

2656 Cambridge - Taking my parents to dinner. Dad doesn't like exotic ethnic food. He wants good old fashion British Grub, like Vin De Loo.5:43 PM Jun 24th from web

*************************************************
transContextRT @nullalux Twitter writing experiment @Wendell_Howe, Temporal Anthropologist w/ the University of Cambridge since 2610 http://bit.ly/Va5ti 10:55 PM Jun 24th from web

@transcontext Thank you for spreading word on Temporal Anthropology.8:55 AM Jun 25th from web in reply to transContext

transContext@Wendell_Howe de rien! I'm an avid armchair Temporal Anthropologist; this likely won't have been quite news to you, considering what's soon.9:43 AM Jun 25th from web
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Frank from the maintenance staff is giving me a ride in his hovervan with my cargo to University of London. Thanks Frank!9:03 AM Jun 25th from web

2656 Cambridge - I don't own a hovercar. Easier to use mass transit. Only occasionally is it a inconvenience, like now.9:05 AM Jun 25th from web

2656 London - Sitting at loading dock at University of London waiting for their maintenance chap to pick me up. Trying to amuse self...9:39 AM Jun 25th from web

2656 London-Took "What Muppet Are You" quiz to pass time. http://bit.ly/KxFSR Apparently I'm some chap named Scooter.9:40 AM Jun 25th from web

*************************************************
Margit11@Wendell_Howe Dont' know Scooter. But it sounds like you're waiting for yr next flight..9:43 AM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@Margit11 Auctually I was waiting for maintenance staff to give me a hand with the boxes of souvenirs I collected in 1887. Very nice chaps.12:35 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Margit11

@Margit11 Now I'm going to have to find out what a Muppet and a Scooter is. Neither sounds Victorian.12:36 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Margit11

Margit11@Wendell_Howe No please...! Don't do that. Was just reading about Munby, the Victorian flaneur, so much more interesting!12:58 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@Margit11 Arthur Munby? The diarist and poet who interviewed and recorded the lives of working women? I think he was a closet sociologist.1:33 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Margit11

Margit11@Wendell_Howe You are so clever, I really don't know! But wasn't test, actually just read. Not sure about those women though!:)1:37 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 London - University of London were thrilled with the Jubilee Souvenirs I brought them. Also liked the footage of Jubilee celebration.12:29 PM Jun 25th from web

2656 London - I'm know waiting for transport to Dublin. I must say, I seem to do and awful lot of running and waiting in this profession.12:32 PM Jun 25th from web

2656 Dublin - Having a cup of tea and Irish soda bread near University of Dublin. The faculty was delighted with the footage I had of Shaw.4:22 PM Jun 25th from web

*************************************************
donshep@Wendell_Howe Dr Howe, I do so love a good soda bread especially with a good lam stew can you tell us if trans-fats are in use during your4:29 PM Jun 25th from Twitterrific in reply to Wendell_Howe

@donshep The medical researchers found out choleterol had more to do with genetics than diet, so cured it with early gene recoding.4:45 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to donshep
*************************************************

2656 Dublin - One professor accused me of influencing George Bernard Shaw of giving up novel writing for plays. Please, I'm a professional!4:24 PM Jun 25th from web

2656 Dublin - I have been specially trained to have no impact on anyone in the past. No one remembers my face or what I may have said.4:26 PM Jun 25th from web

*************************************************
larrytowell@Wendell_Howe Could you train me to have the same skill? That would help my public image immensely.4:30 PM Jun 25th from web

@larrytowell Mostly I was just born boring. 4:47 PM Jun 25th from web
*************************************************
somebluenotes@Wendell_Howe Interesting. What gave him that idea?6:34 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@somebluenotes I have no idea. I showed the faculty the footage of my conversation with Shaw. I reported it in my Tweets on June 17th...6:54 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to somebluenotes

@somebluenotes ...If anything Shaw talked himself into it. I hope to have my last trip up on my blog archive soon.6:56 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to somebluenotes
*************************************************
SoulGeek@Wendell_Howe Well, maybe that little mishap with Poe had something to do with it.4:28 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@SoulGeek Shhh! Besides I told Poe "Raving" not "Raven". 4:38 PM Jun 25th from web
*************************************************
_Leva_@Wendell_Howe I thought you had something to do with Pygmalion!!.....hmmm4:29 PM Jun 25th from TweetDeck in reply to Wendell_Howe

RT @_Leva_ I thought you had something to do with Pygmalion!!.....hmmm [I'm nothing like Prof. Higgins! Adolphus in Major Barbara, maybe.]4:41 PM Jun 25th from web

_Leva_@Wendell_Howe Adolphus eh? I'd like to see that! How is Henry these days? Send him my best.4:55 PM Jun 25th from Tweetie in reply to Wendell_Howe

@_Leva_ Henry was doing well last time I heard. He wrote something about being a fry cook at a Harvey House at the Topeka Depot in 1880.5:56 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to _Leva_

_Leva_@Wendell_Howe Fry Cook? I would love to see that.....,O.o6:13 PM Jun 25th from Tweetie in reply to Wendell_Howe

@_Leva_ Well, Henry has worked on chuck wagons. What I'd love to see is Henry as a gourmet chef. Chili Cordon Blue? BarBeQued Truffles?6:18 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to _Leva_

_Leva_@Wendell_Howe rofl, I can taste the Lobster Thermidor already!6:21 PM Jun 25th from Tweetie in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Back home at my office picking up the souvenirs I laid aside. Checked to see if Matilda was in by any chance. No luck.6:00 PM Jun 25th from web

2656 Cambridge - Think I'll make a date with my other favorite lady. I want to get this tea cup and corset to Grams. I'll do tha
t Saturday.6:02 PM Jun 25th from web

2656 Cambridge - Making a pot of tea. Must put together a lecture for tomorrow on influx of Russian Jewish immigrants to London in 1880's.7:27 PM Jun 25th from web

2656 Cambridge - Must edit footage of White Chapel to go with it. Making another pot of tea. Will be long night.7:29 PM Jun 25th from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Russian Jewish on my husband's side. Great food! Dark breads. TRADITION! as the song goes. I long for the good ol' days...8:03 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom Some of the good old days were not so good. Saw a lot of tired, desperate people in White Chapel in 1887, but there was hope too.8:06 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to CHCatMom
*************************************************
vbright@Wendell_Howe ut....Do I know you from somewhere? ;)4:27 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@vbright My word, that is what my Mum asked me last night. 4:35 PM Jun 25th from web
*************************************************
Superlambanana#followfriday @Wendell_Howe Hes back from 1887 with a bag load of souvenirs and is enjoying tea in good old 26569:37 AM Jun 26th from TweetDeck
*************************************************

2656 Tel Aviv - Gave presentation at University. Turns out head of History Department had ancestors from among those Russian Jews in London.2:57 PM Jun 26th from web

2656 Tel Aviv - Everyone was surprised and delighted that I got footage of Samuel Montagu. How many Jewish Brits are made a Lord?3:00 PM Jun 26th from web

2656 Tel Aviv - Last month I found a Jewish Brit who was "Emperor of United States". Told them to contact Berkley for vid on Joshua Norton.3:03 PM Jun 26th from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe How were you received?3:01 PM Jun 26th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom I got a standing ovation. But I really think it was for Lord Samuel Montagu.3:04 PM Jun 26th from web in reply to CHCatMom

CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe You're very humble. Rare these days. Too much "Me" gene in present gene pool.3:05 PM Jun 26th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
_dger_@Wendell_Howe : your profile intrigued me immediately. Thanks for the follow and right back atcha7:07 PM Jun 26th from web

@_dger_ Thank you. Horror writer, eh? You might find my recent interview with Bram Stoker interesting. http://stokerinterview.blog.com 7:38 PM Jun 26th from web in reply to _dger_

_dger_@Wendell_Howe : Loved it...the #dracula project looks interesting too. Too bad no one adapted Dracula to the cinema quite right.6:29 AM Jun 27th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Back at digs just off campus. Visiting Grams tomorrow. Currently drinking tea and reading in preparation for next project.8:20 PM Jun 26th from web

2656 Cambridge - I am reading "Dahomey and the Dahomans" by Frederick Forbes, published 1851. Gotten up to part about the Amazon warriors.8:38 PM Jun 26th from web

2656 Cambridge- Commander Frobes refers to slavery as "the buying and selling of God's image (p.148) Mission was to end African slave trade.8:56 PM Jun 26th from web

*************************************************
Oh dear, how did this #FollowFriday slip past me? Thank you @_Leva_7:39 AM Jun 27th from web

beadsland@Wendell_Howe Time lag will do that.7:42 AM Jun 27th from TwInbox in reply to Wendell_Howe

@beadsland You would think a man in my profession would be used to time lags. My "jet lag" is measured in centuries, not hours.6:52 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to beadsland
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Going over to Grams this morning to give her the Golden Jubilee souvenir tea cup and corset I bought her in 1887.7:44 AM Jun 27th from web

2656 Cambridge - I'm sure you remember the corset? It has a music box attached that plays God Save the Queen when the wearer sits down.7:46 AM Jun 27th from web

2656 Cambridge - Bought one for Universities of London & Cambridge, too. Cambridge Victorian Museum will put theirs on robot to demonstrate.7:48 AM Jun 27th from web

2656 - But If I know dear old Grams, she'll want to wear this herself just to shock people. She often dresses Victorian when we go out.7:50 AM Jun 27th from web

2656 Cambridge - Had great day. Took Grams to Victorian Village. She likes to dress in period to match my clothes. She wore the corset...6:48 PM Jun 27th from web

2656 Cambridge - She sat down every opportunity she had, just to see the looks on people's faces when her corset played national anthem...6:49 PM Jun 27th from web

2656 Cambridge - Grams has a great sense of humor. Well, I suppose she would have to, to put up with a Temporal Anthropologist for grandson.6:51 PM Jun 27th from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe I'm sure she will treasure it! I know I would.7:44 AM Jun 27th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom Yes Grams loved it. Glad I got it for her.6:53 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to CHCatMom

CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe You are a very thoughtful grandson.7:02 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe If your Grams wears the corset, she will turn heads! Corsetting is back in style for younger ones.8:35 AM Jun 27th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom Grams always did have a slim figure.7:16 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to CHCatMom
*************************************************
Doctor_Donna@Wendell_Howe I hope she thought it was funny too!6:51 PM Jun 27th from twhirl in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
TheLoneCowgirlLOL!RT @Wendell_Howe: 2656 Cambridge I'm sure you remember the corset? Music box attached plays God Save the Queen when the wearer sits down7:47 AM Jun 27th from TweetDeck

@TheLoneCowgirl In case you think I made this up. Read paragraph under the wire bustle. http://www.fathom.com/course/21701726/session3.html 7:06 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to TheLoneCowgirl

TheLoneCowgirl@Wendell_Howe I believe you. I just find it uncomfortably funny. Some of the early cowgirls wore corsets while riding.7:51 AM Jun 28th from TweetDeck in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
zumayabooks@Wendell_Howe So every time the corset wearer sits down, she must then immediately stand back up for the anthem?8:01 AM Jun 27th from Seesmic Desktop in reply to Wendell_Howe

@zumayabooks That is something the buyers probably didn't consider. Wasn't fair to make Grams jump up, but I did, mostly to make her laugh.7:15 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to zumayabooks
*************************************************
Doctor_Donna@Wendell_Howe are you allowed to do that! is that like making a fortune from now 800 year old antiques?7:49 AM Jun 27th from twhirl in reply to Wendell_Howe

@Doctor_Donna We of course bring back items for museums and universities. The Institute lets us bring back a few personal items...7:10 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to Doctor_Donna

@Doctor_Donna ...If we get caught trafficing in antiques, we lose our license! Also is antique really an antique if it's physically new?7:13 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to Doctor_Donna

Doctor_Donna@Wendell_Howe Hmm! Good question! I'll have to come visit you one day in your time era...Whenever that is..7:27 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
beadsland@Wendell_Howe #Temporal mechanics is child's play as compared to #chronobiology of the human organism.8:33 PM Jun 27th from TwitterBerry

@beadsland Know little about science, so I will take your word on it. I just need to be an expert in society I'm visiting so I can fit in.8:45 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to beadsland

@beadsland I do know they do keep using word chronobiology when they insist we keep Base Time & not be gone month & return 1 minute later.8:48 PM Jun 27th from web in reply to beadsland
*************************************************
TheLoneCowgirl@Wendell_Howe THis guy is fun! Claims to be a time traveler and writes a wonderful blog. Check him out.7:56 AM Jun 28th from TweetDeck in reply to Wendell_Howe

@TheLoneCowgirl Thank you for the suggesting my site to others. Public support helps keep Temporal Anthropology thriving.8:48 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to TheLoneCowgirl
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Got a Tweet from the Professor Neuman at the Albert & Victoria Museum. That was where University of London sent souvenirs.9:00 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 - She said the Jubilee Corset does not play music. It's the bustle that does. She said it's a wire "Phantom" bustle that folds up...9:03 AM Jun 28th from web

...when wearer sits down and that is what triggers the music box. I bought the corset and Bustle attached, I thought as one piece...9:05 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 ...Sorry, I'm not an expert women's underwear since I don't wear it myself, or get to take it off anyone else.9:06 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 Cambridge - Getting ready for next project. Will be posing as missionary in Africa. Should I wear a pith helmet? Must do some research.9:26 AM Jun 28th from web

*************************************************
CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Take long black robe w/ secret inner pockets for cheat sheets & supplies not found in time period.10:47 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@CHCatMom I do take "Cheat Sheets". They are files on my pocket computer carefully disguised as a pocket Bible.11:17 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to CHCatMom

CHCatMom@Wendell_Howe Oops! beginner's mistake - of course you can't take future stuff into past. I should remember that from Star Trek.10:56 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe
*************************************************
Gary_TheGreat@Wendell_Howe What disease/containment precautions do you take when traveling?9:23 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 @Gary_TheGreat Good question. We are fully immunized, and then scanned for any diseases we might have picked up in the past...9:29 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 - @Gary_TheGreat If we did bring something back that is deemed dangerous, we are quaranteened and treated, or disinfected...9:31 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 - @Gary_TheGreat We & all our luggage is scanned for any viruses, etc. Also Institute makes sure we don't take anything new into past.9:33 AM Jun 28th from web

2656 - @Gary_TheGreat Biggest worry is heavy metals like lead in food. I've had to go through Detoxification when levels too high. Not fun!9:35 AM Jun 28th from web
*************************************************
zumayabooks@Wendell_Howe Are they still using chelation to remove ingested heavy metals in 2656?10:08 AM Jun 28th from TweetDeck in reply to Wendell_Howe

@zumayabooks Yes. Plus additional therapies used in severe cases. 11:15 AM Jun 28th from web
*************************************************
MichaelHTillman@Wendell_Howe That's good practice. I'd hate to get the Timelords after me!9:34 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @MichaelHTillman That's a good one! Never heard the Institute of Time Travel Enforcement Agency called Time Lords. Time Nazis, yes!9:37 AM Jun 28th from web

omnipotentseal@Wendell_Howe, so are Time Nazis actual Nazis (circa WWII) or are they just called Nazis cause they have Nazi-like uniforms and demeanor?9:42 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@omnipotentseal No Enforcers aren't real Nazis from WWII. Probably shouldn't call them that. They're just doing their jobs to protect past.9:51 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to omnipotentseal

@omnipotentseal If they just weren't so cold. They aren't suppose to get invovled with Time Travelers, but would it kill them to smile?9:53 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to omnipotentseal

omnipotentseal@Wendell_Howe, ahhh! So they're fond of drab gray uniforms & ruining everybody's fun. Have you considered Time DMV as an alternative term?9:59 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@omnipotentseal No, I haven't...but I like it!11:08 AM Jun 28th from web in reply to omnipotentseal

omnipotentseal@Wendell_Howe, the Time DMV: You'll just have to wait in the back of this infinitely long line.12:04 AM Jun 29th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@omnipotentseal Hmm. Sounds like regular DMV. 8:15 AM Jun 29th from web
*************************************************
vbright@Wendell_Howe Has "Life after Death" been proven, or disproven?11:19 AM Jun 28th from web

@vbright No, maybe never will be. I'm still trying to find life in this life!]4:34 PM Jun 28th from web
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Been at the Cambridge University Library looking for information on Sarah Forbes Bonetta. Found rare 1862 photo of her.6:00 PM Jun 28th from web

2656 Cambridge - This is Sarah Forbes Bonetta and husband James Davies http://bit.ly/pKKRL 6:01 PM Jun 28th from web

2656 Cambridge - Tomorrow I will be looking for her. She is an African Princess and protégée of Queen Victoria herself.6:02 PM Jun 28th from web

*************************************************
meta444@Wendell_Howe were I a licensed time traveler, pretty sure i wouldn’t hang in Cambridge, 2656. but hey, 2 each his own and thx for the f'low7:35 PM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 Cambridge - @meta444 I really don't like hanging around 27th century, but it's home base. I'll be in 1865 Nigeria tomorrow.7:50 PM Jun 28th from web
*************************************************

2656 Cambridge - Finishing packing carpetbag. Pith helmet, won't be popular yet. Going with tan cotton lounge or sack suit and straw hat.8:10 PM Jun 28th from web

*************************************************
dangergrrlie@Wendell_Howe But the helm would be more practical. What's the spears to bounce off of?8:54 PM Jun 28th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 - @dangergrrlie Not sure how much protection pith helmet is against spears. No one has ever thrown spears at me, well, not yet anyway.8:14 AM Jun 29th from web

2656 - @dangergrrlie Not sure how much protection pith helmet is against spears. No one has ever thrown spears at me, well, not yet anyway.8:14 AM Jun 29th from web
*************************************************

2656 London - Caught transport to London, now waiting to catch transport to Long Island, NY. Passing time by answering Tweets.8:10 AM Jun 29th from web

*************************************************
RSAuthor@Wendell_Howe Love it! It's raining here for the 16th day; yet I laughed. Good medicine2:31 AM Jun 29th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

2656 London - @RSAuthor Raining in Maine, eh? Currently clear here in London. Do hope your weather gets better.8:18 AM Jun 29th from web
*************************************************
DaintyBallerinaHello @Wendell_Howe, @drjennifer, @le_shack, @snowbelljewelry, @cherryzgirl, @maura060573:42 AM Jun 29th from web

2656 - @DaintyBallerina Hello! I'm currently trapped in London myself. Shan't be here long though.8:20 AM Jun 29th from web

Doctor_Donna@Wendell_Howe I know how you feel! London is a place I often get trapped in!8:23 AM Jun 29th from twhirl in reply to Wendell_Howe

@Doctor_Donna I can think of worse places to get trapped. Lots of tea. 8:30 AM Jun 29th from web
*************************************************
neongreensagePondering verb tenses in relation 2 time travel @Wendell_Howe. Which would U use for something U haven't experienced yet but was in the past8:18 AM Jun 29th from twhirl

2656 - @neongreensage It would be in future, since it would be in my personal future, even if technically in past. Just easier to keep sane8:24 AM Jun 29th from web

DaintyBallerina@Wendell_Howe Present progressive?8:36 AM Jun 29th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

neongreensageVery interesting, thank you @Wendell_Howe & @DaintyBallerina.10:29 AM Jun 29th from twhirl
*************************************************

2656 London - @LGOE Sitting here in 27th century London in a Victorian suit, I feel like the last Gentleman on Earth myself!8:56 AM Jun 29th from web

2656 London - By the way @LGOE I don't think it was bad poetry. Liked the video. http://lastgentlemanonearth.typepad.com/last-gentleman-on-earth/bad-poetry-videos/ 8:57 AM Jun 29th from web

LGOE@Wendell_Howe haha.. what does a victorian suit look like... thx for the praise, much appreciated :)1:25 PM Jun 29th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@LGOE This is the sort of outfit I normally wear with frock coat http://bit.ly/GRq2D 7:03 PM Jun 29th from web

@LGOE Currently wearing lounge suit, or what Americans call sack suit. http://walternelson.com/dr/sites/default/files/imagepicker/w/walter/whitesuitlarge_1.jpg 7:04 PM Jun 29th from web

LGOE@Wendell_Howe wow, you truly look like a gentleman. Where can i get a few of those suits ;)8:53 PM Jun 29th from web in reply to Wendell_Howe

@LGOE You can get them at http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/gentlemans.php =):{ ]8:59 PM Jun 29th from web

next file:
http://tweetarchivepart10.blogspot.com/

previous file:
http://tweetarchivepart8.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment